Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fall banner

It's fall ya'all...

I love decorating our home. It's always something I have enjoyed. Since Pinterest has become one of my favorite addictions for DIY ideas ..I find myself wanting to create so much more now then before. Are you addicted to pinterest as well? Why don't you follow me? Here's the link...http://www.pinterest.com/shayermis/boards/ 

Another thing I love? Burlap! Call me crazy but I think it's pretty awesome. 


 At a garage sale this past summer I purchased several burlap bags for a quarter. Yep, only 25 cents. Cheap I know. I'm a garge sale thrift sale junkie. =) who doesn't love a good bargin? SO, I cut some triangle shapes out of the burlap. I cut four of them.


 I wasn't sure if I was going to use this cute greenish material 
 Or the old black valances 

But the green won. So, I simply cut out all the letters that I need to spell F A L L 


Simple


And no project would be complete without a cute little helper. =)


Hot glue them together...

Add the cut letters to the burlap pendants





Have a cute little boy hold up the finished project ...that is a very important step! ha! 


Dispaly it where ever you so wish in your home. This even makes a cute little gift for a grandma or an aunt. 

And there you have it folks how to make a cute fall banner. I know it's real simple and people are literally creating  masterpieces on pinterst, but it's a start! and Kaden enjoyed this project with me. Mommy little boy time is precious and they learn to create!!! =) 

Why don't you follow me on pinterst? I will follow back and together we can find more hardcore projects. 

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment