Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Miller family picnic


My dads side of the family we had a get together at my Uncle Benny and Auntie Gloria's house. About a month before the picnic date my uncle texted me that he was really missing my auntie Gloria who passed away a year and a half ago, from a long battle with cancer.  I mentioned that he was always welcome to come visit us all up north and remindend him that he is still family.  He suggested us driving south and visiting him. That is when my cousin Gail and I put our heads together. You see, Gail and I have been trying to get our families together all summer. This sounded like a perfect opporunity. Gail lives 2 hours south from us. So, we did some menu planning and ran the idea past my uncle. He quickly started planning. Seems that he really enjoys company and being the host. =)

The day rolled around and I promise you it was the HOTTEST day (97' with high levels of humidity) of the whole summer, however, it didn't stop anyone from having a good time. We just did it sweaty! Ha! 



My cousin Gail and her children along with her grandson 
My uncles looking back at many old pictures. Remembering childhood days, weddings, going to school at the "old wood school" I remember my dad always telling stories about the wood school. They had one class room which held grades from 1st-8th. That amazes me. 
 There was lost of playing
 Gail and my cousin Chris (aka Christopher the George)
 Uncle Benny, Chris, and Brad
 Myself and Ashley (my cousins daughter) sweetest young lady
 Trent, Zack, Tracy, and Uncle Dale
 London and Kaden. Two cousins meeting for the first time : )

 My boys



 Our entertainment.
 This is Chad Saunier. If you never heard of him before just hang on you will! This has some awesome skills and will be going places with those God given talents. He and Gail sing together quote often and they sound amazing!

 
 
 Gail and her son Justin..also our godchild.
 listening to the live music
 My son Blaine with his god mother Gail

 

 
My cousin Brad and his wonderful wife Kim. She's such a sweetheart.
 
It was a really nice time and we look forward to the next get together. It's coming up in a few months. So, stay tuned! 


I will leave you with this cute little poem I thought was fitting.



No comments:

Post a Comment